- Dr. Alan Baratz shares his perspectives on how tech giants can hinder innovation in the quantum computing and technology fields
- Op-ed calls for business leaders to think more inclusively about technology investment decisions
- D-Wave is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers, bringing practical quantum solutions to the enterprise today
Alan Baratz, CEO of D-Wave Quantum (NYSE: QBTS), a leader in quantum computing systems, software, and services focused on delivering value to customers via practical quantum applications, recently published an opinion piece to point out how he thinks big tech companies have been stifling innovation for decades. According to Dr. Baratz, innovation flourishes when all companies have a seat at the table (https://ibn.fm/kjTLr).
In his article, the D-Wave CEO outlines three ways he believes these tech giants are hindering innovation.
- Big tech has shown a history of delegitimizing proven technologies that do not align with their narrative. Many companies often use statements to dismiss technologies because they cannot create or have missed out on developing them. By discrediting the capabilities and using misleading language, large companies like IBM attempt to silence smaller technology companies and establish themselves as the only solution.
- Big tech is neutralizing ‘threats’ by playing on uncertainty. These companies are framing smaller companies as risky, which allows them to dominate entire categories with the promise of their technology “eventually getting there,” despite the smaller company already arriving at proven solutions.
- Big tech heavily influences academia and government. Several large tech companies, including AWS, IBM, Google, and Microsoft, have used research funding for direct product development. Dr. Baratz points out that the purpose of academia is to be open-minded and explore different ideas, not to lock them into building products to benefit the larger organizations funding them.
Dr. Baratz’s article calls for business leaders to think about inclusivity when it comes to technology investments and adoption. He says, “Stay open to different possibilities: Don’t be afraid to engage with new technologies, pursue different proofs of concept, and deploy solutions once their value has been proven. This is where true innovation happens.”
D-Wave is the world’s first commercial supplier of quantum computers and caters to customers, including more than two dozen Forbes Global 2000 customers. Some of these customers include blue-chip industry leaders like Mastercard, Deloitte, ArcelorMittal, Siemens Healthineers, Unisys, NEC Corporation, Pattison Food Group Ltd., DENSO and Lockheed Martin.
A collection of customer success stories can be found on the D-Wave website at https://ibn.fm/ijGn3.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.DWaveQuantum.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to QBTS are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/QBTS
AINewsWire (“AINW”) is a specialized communications platform with a focus on the latest advancements in artificial intelligence (“AI”), including the technologies, trends and trailblazers driving innovation forward. It is one of 60+ brands within the Dynamic Brand Portfolio @ IBN that delivers: (1) access to a vast network of wire solutions via InvestorWire to efficiently and effectively reach a myriad of target markets, demographics and diverse industries; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ outlets; (3) enhanced press release enhancement to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN to millions of social media followers; and (5) a full array of tailored corporate communications solutions. With broad reach and a seasoned team of contributing journalists and writers, AINW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that want to reach a wide audience of investors, influencers, consumers, journalists, and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, AINW brings its clients unparalleled recognition and brand awareness.
AINW is where breaking news, insightful content and actionable information converge.
To receive SMS alerts from AINewsWire, text “AI” to 888-902-4192 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit www.AINewsWire.com
AINewsWire is powered by IBN